These T's & C's are put into place to promote a fair competition & ensure everyone has an enjoyable experience at our quiz nights.
1. The Big Phat Quiz (the "Quiz") is open to people living in the UK aged 18+ years old ("You").2. To enter the Quiz, You should use our online payments system, selecting the number of team members you wish to enter into the quiz before the final entry date.
3. There is one method in which You can enter the Quiz:a. By online payment:
i. Our payments provider is PayPal. You can pay using a credit or debit card regardless of whether or not You have a PayPal account.
ii. Submit your team name, number of team members & email. Your name and email is provided to us via PayPal, but PayPal customer email addresses are sometimes outdated, we ask You to provide a current email address before payment so we can send you a digital ticket.
iii. Pay for the number of team members You have selected.Advertisement
4. When purchasing your team entry tickets, You must provide your name, address and email. We will only use this information in relation to the Quiz (including confirming your eligibility to enter the Quiz) and will not use it for any other purposes, other than to inform you of upcoming quiz events - which is an opt-out service. If you should choose to opt-out We will not keep this information for longer than is necessary for the operation of the Quiz. Your details will not be given or sold to any persons, organisations or agencies.
5. You may only purchase one team entry to the Quiz. You may not purchase entries for multiple teams.
6. We must receive your entry to the Quiz at the latest of 2 hours before the Quiz is due to start.
7. Employees or agents of QuizGuys ("QuizGuys", "We") and its group companies or their family members may not enter the Quiz.Picking the winners
8. If there is a tie, the winner and any runners up will be decided using the overall time (in milliseconds) it took the teams to answer questions. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. The team that finishes at the bottom of the scoreboard in last place after the Bonus round ("Losing Team") will also be awarded a prize.
10. If there is a tie for the Losing Team, the Losing Team will be decided using the overall time (in milliseconds) it took teams answer the questions.Getting consent from all team members
11. Entering in to the Quiz means that You accept these Terms and Conditions, which are the rules of the Quiz. You must check with all of your team members that they are happy to be entered in to the Quiz and they accept these Terms and Conditions. All teams and their individual members are bound by these Terms and Conditions.The Prizes
12. The team in 1st place, before the Bonus round, receive £150 in cash (Grand Prize). Then all teams will play a final Bonus round.
13. The 1st place team after the Bonus round will receive £100 prize money. (The team that has won the Grand Prize can also win this prize, taking their total winnings to £250)
14. The 2nd place team after the Bonus round will receive £50 prize money. (The team that has won the Grand Prize can also win this prize)
15. The 3rd place team after the Bonus round will receive a bottle of champagne. (The team that has won the Grand Prize can also win this prize)
16. The Losing Team will receive a big cuddly toy (approximate retail value or "ARV": £25). (The team that has won the Grand Prize can also win this prize)
17. Prizes must only be received by the original team members ("Team"). If a team has left before the quiz has completed ("Absent Team"), other teams or individuals may not use or "take over" the keypad registered to the Absent Team, or claim any prizes that the Absent Team may have won.
18. All prize winners will receive their prizes on the night of the Quiz, if a prize winning Team is absent, they will be disqualified & no prizes awarded.
19. In the event a Team is disqualified, the team that is next on the scoreboard and still present, will receive the disqualified Team's prize, and the winning teams and the prizes will be restructured accordingly.
20. The prizes cannot be exchanged or transferred by You and cannot be redeemed by You for cash or any other prizes.
21. We will substitute the prizes with other prizes of similar value in the event that the original prizes offered are not available.Some other rules
22. Only one team entry per person will be accepted.
23. Please have your ticket number to hand in case we need to check on the night. Your ticket number will be digitally delivered to the email address associated with your payment or PayPal account.
24. We take no responsibility for team entries or tickets that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be digitally delivered for any technical or other reason.
25. Your right to cancel:
i. If You cancel before 48 hours leading up to the Quiz You will receive a full refund of any moneys which You have paid for that particular Quiz.
ii. If You cancel within 48 hours of the Quiz start date, You may not receive a refund or may only receive a partial refund. (This is due to venue hire and the hire of equipment for the night, eg: furniture and other services)
26. In the event that the number of team members attending changes please contact us as soon as possible for details.
27. We cannot allow additional team members on the night, only those which are fully paid in advance. Nor can we accept payment for additional team members on the night of the Quiz, unless You have an arrangement with us in advance. Please contact us first.
28. Refunds will not be given in the case that fewer team members participate than originally stated on your ticket purchase.
29. Teams or team members that arrive late, but while the Quiz is still in operation may still participate in the Quiz.
30. We cannot restart the Quiz for late arrivals (Teams or team members that arrive late).
31. Refunds will not be issued during or after the Quiz.
32. We reserve the right to refuse entry to any persons, with no refunds given.
33. In the event that any persons or team is engaging in behaviour which is deemed unacceptable or distressing to others, We reserve the right to remove the offending persons and any associated team members from the venue. There will be a professional security team working on the night.
34. The Promoter of the Quiz is QuizGuys whose address is 59 Edington close, Swindon. SN5 8LG. Any complaints regarding the Quiz should be sent to this address.
35. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of QuizGuys for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
36. QuizGuys accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by You as a result of entering the Quiz or accepting the prize. QuizGuys also accepts no responsibility for any damage or loss of the prize or prizes whether intentional or accidental, or any injury caused in relation to the prize. QuizGuys further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to You or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Quiz.
37. QuizGuys reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Quiz with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of QuizGuys in all matters under its control is final and binding.
38. QuizGuys shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
39. QuizGuys reserves the right to cancel the Quiz at anytime without prior notice.
40. The Quiz will be governed by English law.